Thursday, December 27, 2012

Where's the common sense in all this?

I think we're somewhere in the area of day 103 of the NHL lockout.  Someone please tell me, where's the common sense gone in this whole thing?

I scan the TSN.ca website, and it seems Canadian fans clearly side with the NHL in this matter.

Personally, I side with the players.  Exactly what concessions have the owners given to the players?  Under the old CBA, they were getting 43% of revenue; that will bump up to at least 50%.

I get the whole "the owners run things, they can give the players whatever they think is fair" thing.  One of my biggest peeves comes along when I hear or read of people saying they don't need the NHL, they can watch the OHL, AHL, WJC, KHL, blah blah blah, bring on the replacement players.  Really?  Replacement players? 

Let's face it, there is no replacement for the NHL.  It's the best professional hockey league in the world, bar none.  I'll watch it when it comes back, if for no other reason than I really don't like the NBA and the NFL will end in late January/early February.

No comments:

Post a Comment