Thursday, December 20, 2012

The end of the Mayan calendar...

goes hand in hand with the cancellation of the NHL season.

Well, today we learned that Gary Bettman cancelled the NHL schedule through January 14th.  No surprise to anyone, it was something totally expected.  I'm not sure how many people out there even care anymore.

While I was home today from work (cancelled because we had a huge snow storm roll through eastern Kansas), I changed channels over to the NHL network in time to catch a rerun of the Bruins run to the Stanley Cup in 2011.  It still feels great to watch that, even though a lot of the show revolves around Tim Thomas.  I don't care what Thomas' political affiliations are or how he left the Bruins.  I know that he led them to their first Stanley Cup in 39 years.

Thanks Tim.  Take care, I hope we see you in the NHL again (whoever you play for, I hope the Bruins beat them).

No comments:

Post a Comment