Monday, January 9, 2012

Possible suspension for Marchand

Sometime later today, we'll find out if Brad Marchand is suspended for his hit on Sami Salo in Saturday's game against the Canucks.  Since it will be a hearing by phone, the most Marchand can be suspended for is 5 games.  Although I'm a Bruins fan, I believe Marchand should be suspended for his hit.  I thought Lucic should have been suspended earlier this year for his hit on Ryan Miller.  Although Chara's hit on Pacioretti last year was terrible, it wasn't illegal or dirty.  It was a hockey play gone wrong.  I agreed with the league's decision regarding Chara.

Greg Wyshinski, the Puck Daddy on Yahoo! Sports, included a story about the Marchand hit in his blog today.  You can read it at http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/.  Very good read, many comments from hockey fans across North America, including myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment